Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
East side of living room in addition to floor plants going onto shelves now!
PA310711.jpg

West side - rollable rack for plants!
PA310709.jpg

Weird loss of leaf pigmentation on some Paphs!?
PA310706.jpg

Phrag Fritz Schomburg flav which fell off the day after I got back from Slipper Symposium [before I got a chance to photo!] :rolleyes:
PA290702.jpg

More Sinningias
PA170693.jpg

Haul from Slipper Symposium trip
PA280699.jpg

Man! Eric, you have your hands full! I hope you're not planning any Halloween parties this wkend!

ps, NICE HAUL BTW

The Greenwich Village Hallooween Parade is one of the biggest in the country. Going right near my apt. I usually avoid it, so I make go to practice and drill in NJ tonight! Happy Halloween! This week is also NY maraton, daylight savings, and election day! Crazy!

This is for Eric:

OUTSIDE IN

It isn’t enough to have plants in our yard.
Plants indoors are even more fancy.
These plants are in pots, for our floors lack soil.
Or at least enough to be plantsy.

Some plant-filled pots are on tables and chests.
Some riskily hang from the ceiling.
If you visit our house, you will find that it has
An indoors-and-outdoors feeling.

We can’t bring all of the plants inside,
But we’ve quite a good deal of greenery.
Our guests peer around from behind a plant
And say they admire the scenery.

Richard Armour

Love the poem!

Eric,

I am surprised at the deep containers/tubs you have the pots in. Do you water the plants while they are still in the container/tub? If you have a lot of water drain out of the individual pots do you not risk another pot drawing the water up from the bottom? Could this not spread disease? Not saying you have diseased plants but just wondering about the possibility.

Thanx, Dot! :D

Yes Ed I do run the risk but that's why I have to do regular maintenance and pull out any plants as soon as I see a problem. So far, the most damaging things to the majority of my collection, Phrags, seem to be mealies and break-down of the media.

WOW! I am speechless!!! Great collection you have there Eric!!!

Is this a typical image of your kitchen too???:poke:

Fantastic living room...:D

Except for the plants on the stove [temporarily], yes that's how the kitchen looks :p. Luckily none of my visitors are into cooking. The living room is about 1/4 shown; the West corner has more plants.

I LOVE your living room/ growing space! I would love to see the rest of your living room as well! I have about 150 orchids, and have to take about an hour every morning to water them- How do you manage? Thanks for those pictures. You made my day! :D

Latest posts

Back