Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved some carts forward for more light.

villosum album from Fox Valley Orchids

better shot of the venustum

My haul from 2015 Woodstream Orchids January open house

Me and my co-conspiritors RN Collins, Happypaphy7, Charles and Bill Goldner

Coffee Break x St. Ouen "Canary"
Special Interest
Sue Omeis
Lutz Rollke flavum x Cleola
Ecuabess flavum
Longifolium x Imagine
Cape Bonanza flavum
Fancy Free

OK, I lied! 8 Phrags. :p

Though that might seem like a lot of plants, eric was very restrained in his purchasing! I bought a few more than expected, but then there was a lot more I wanted to bring home

Oh and I realized that using tapatalk on my phone doesn't show people's signature files, so I had never seen in posts that RNCollins was 'Carol'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you got there and back before the nasty storm
'acoming. Hey, where's that sharp dressed man I saw
in another photo last year. Where'd he go???? Eric, I do
believe you stole my gardening hat! I love that old hat...
send it right back.

I'm soooo jealous. I love orchid road trips. I did a road trip in a
rented van to Redland some years ago with a Chicago friend, a
friend from France and a galpal from Alabama. We filled that
van to the brim with orchids and had a blast.

really nice vietnamense.
Did you manage to save your klotz and Josephine (or is it Apollo?) from rot?

Sorry to read that you've lost the Apollo's :( Well Peruflora's probably has some flasks left and they're affordable. Unless you think that you lost them because they are less tolerant to heat than others ? I also got a small flask of it. Future trade? :)

I hate rot. I almost never win against it.

Try getting pageant fungicide and treating seedlings with it. It promotes rooting and hardening of many plants

It could also be used to harden plants that are going to be shipped or put into a show

Banrot is an excellent fungicide and not overly dangerous, very good for treating present disease. Pageant is very safe for many plants and is an excellent pre-fungicide meaning spray before disease shows up and somewhat works after disease is running. Best about it though is its ability to harden treated plants and for many to induce rooting more quickly than otherwise. The whole class of strobilurin fungicides do this to one degree or another but pageant affects the widest range.

That said nobody has run trials specifically for orchids so treat a few and see how it goes, and keep trying until you feel it is safe for your conditions and plants

Salmon Phal. Baldan's Venetian Peach.

Liparis grossa

More fragrant Twinkles, O have ordered a white color one and found out htere is a purple one also!

Tricopilia before slug attack! :mad:.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back