Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, maybe. I'm going to see about drilling more holes into the ceiling and hanging some paphs; otherwise that's where all budding paphs will go.

Psychopsis alba! :D
In this case is alba the same as aurea? I think they're trying to confuse us again! I have Psychopsis Mendenhall 'Yellow Butterfly' var. alba (as the tag reads) and then I also have Psychopsis papilio aurea (as the tag reads). I know both are yellows, I would think both should read aurea/aureum. :confused:

Thanx. This is my first attempt w/ Psychopsis and also the dicheas and Zygo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and being a little more carefull with watering.

I've got two psychopsis papilios one regular and one seedling aurea in the aliflor pellets in aircone pots, and they seem to be doing pretty well. I had read that they really like to be well-drained, and with that much air space it would be hard to overwater. The large one has grown across the top of the pot and I'll probably have to put it in an even bigger one... the little one doesn't seem to mind having big pore spaces and is growing across as well. Although, I haven't seen any flowers yet (smile) probably need more light

That is one big emersonii var huonglanae plant! nice

x 2. the leaves seem longer and wider than regular emersonii!

Nice OL purchases! what did you buy?? :poke: hehe
I got an "alba" psychopsis with spotted leaves.. the plant hasn't bloom, so I don't know if the label is correct.. but I have a Psychopsis Mendenhall that has plain green leaves.. weird..:crazy:

My Mendenhall has almost plain leaves, also. This doesn't seem to be a very strongly leaf-marked cross.

I thought I'd post some orchids that I find have interesting growth habits; like my Epidendrums and Tolumnias which rebloom on old previously bloomed growths or the Isabelia virginalis I'm killling more slowly than usual. :eek:
P5031413.jpg

P5031408.jpg

P5031401.jpg

P5031405.jpg

P5031403.jpg

Dichea
P5021383.jpg

Dichea
P5021382.jpg

Pleuro. grobyi
P5021381.jpg

Pleuro. dodsonii