Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grow some of the african violets I got from Ki in a sealed container for moisture, the other foto is Ludisia discolor blooms. :D
BTW Lil-frog has some nice jewel orchid packages on eBay right now! :)
P1030941.jpg

P1010930.jpg

Eric what conditions do you give it, compaired to other genera??? Thanks...:)

Which one? The ludisia is very easy - normal conditions shaded light. The violets are in a sealed container and the moisture drips off the lid.

Good Luck!
What media is it potted in?

thanks for asking! ...mainly because I hadn't looked closely and didn't know... it looked like standard seedling mix in a clay pot (meaning fairly frequent watering, relatively) but then I scratched the top and saw that it's potted in standard peat potting soil. not sure if I should keep it in that or change, or just put it in a window and grow it like a regular houseplant. maybe I've been doing wrong by trying to grow it 'like an orchid'. if I put it in with the rest of my plants it'll probably get overwatered

I'm growing my Ludisia discolor semi-hydroponically. It's doing quite well that way. I broke off a piece of a plant, stuck it in water until it had roots, and then potted it in S/H.

is this under lights or on a windowsill (or in greenhouse)?
thanks,
charles
It's sitting on the counter between my sunroom and kitchen. It gets no direct light there. I've found that they really don't want direct light, or light that's very bright. The leaf colors stay dark and rich in lower light. Oh, and it's in spike now: Two growths, two spikes.

Latest posts

Back