Miscellaneous stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stuff from Parkside Orchids Fall open house
Pleurothalis palliolata
PB300784.jpg

Stuff: paphs in bud, tolumnia, and a pleuro.
PB300785.jpg

Trash!
I picked this out of the incinerator room and for fun decided not to cut the spike and to re-bloom the end.
PC030807.jpg

False Sun-for about 10 minutes every morning the reflection off of one of Trump's monstrosities blasts my living room.
PC030804.jpg

Eric..I understand they will be useing the photo of your livingroom for the 'Orchid Addiction' poster for 2009. It will read "Orchid addiction will strike hundreds in our lifetime, but please don't let this happen to someone you care about.":rollhappy: I do see there is still hope for you since you still have hanging space that hasn't been filled 'YET'. What a collection!!!:clap:

--Allen--

Eric, I love the results of your addiction. It looks loved, and lived in.

Have you thought about using the white lighting grid, cut to size, and raise it up a bit with upside down pots. That is what I do with my 6" deep trays and it works great. It can be a bit of a pain to cut the grid to size, but if I can do it you can do it.

Marilyn

Eric, I was refering to being able to raise up a couple of inches, the plants which are sitting in the deep trays.

Marilyn

Cool!!! Do you put all the root system in the water or the edges of roots??? (It is clear that I do not have a clue about this kind of culture...:p)
Could this also work with Disa??? I think they need running water, don't they??

Most Tolumnia hybrids are made w/ species that came from places where they only get a quick shower and then warm weather and therefore need 2 things, lots of light and a fast draining media, [like charcoal and small stones].
Your Tolumnias look great, Eric.. :) I killed some a few years agom, and am itching to try some again.. How come they're growing so well for a compulsive overwaterer like you..? :p

I got this hint [for phrags] from a judge at the GNYOS a few years ago; the pots sit in water. I posted photos a while ago of the roots growing out of the pots. This is good w/ s/h media but i prefer a mixed media like they would get in nature. Of course this means the worlds biggest repotting job eventually! :p The disas I have are in a tray of sphagnum and perlite that I water [NO FERTILIZER] liberally. Eventually, they will go into net pots in similar circulating trays of water.
Cool!!! Do you put all the root system in the water or the edges of roots??? (It is clear that I do not have a clue about this kind of culture...:p)
Could this also work with Disa??? I think they need running water, don't they??

I got my order from Woodstream this weekend; some phrags and a couple of [special] Phals! :D
PC140867.jpg

Sinningia pusilla 'White Sprite';
for reference size that's the Phrag Waunakee Sunset's dorsal and lateral petals to the right!
PC150905.jpg

Previews:
PC150902.jpg

PC150906.jpg

I like the fact that is it constantly growing (your collection)!!!!! On the first pic of the previews, what are you going to do with the paph next to the bloom (brown leaf)????? I ahve this going sometimes and have no idea what to do! I usually cut and the lant dies or let it dry and remove the leaf, but the base of the plant is exposed (most of the times) to new rotting...:(

I'm going to put a couple of drops of Dragon's Blood on it to try to avoid fungal growth, then pull off the dried/dead parts. It's an old growth on a micranthum x vietnamense that just blasted its bud. :(

Back