miscellaneous species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
aloha all... here some random species all currently in bloom in the greenhouse.. enjoy! (iphone pics, sorry!)

Laelia milleri
IMG_5298_zps0f310604.jpg

Dendrobium finisterrae
IMG_5296_zps39922e00.jpg

Dendrobium unicum
IMG_5371_zps8fa2d040.jpg

Dendrobium trantuanii
IMG_5281_zps9b15bc12.jpg

Dendrobium capituliferum
IMG_6039_zpsf6349036.jpg

Phalaenopsis amboinensis
IMG_5340_zps35e0f11b.jpg

Phalaenopsis violacea var. coerulea - out of an 'Indigo Blue' cross from HP
IMG_6004_zps2aabaf3c.jpg

Laelia lobata var. coerulea - this is a selfing of the famous 'Maria Cristina' clone
IMG_5983_zps786813d7.jpg

Stelis argentata
IMG_4778_zps6058f4da.jpg

Oncidium phymatochilum
IMG_5979_zps1864d7fd.jpg

Chiloschista sp.
IMG_6032_zpsb739b31d.jpg

Cool stuff. You have a lots of variety. Is there anything you specialize in, or do you just like to grow a little bit of everything? I know if I had a greenhouse, it'd be dedicated to phrags, then paphs, then oncidium alliance, with a sprinkling of everything else that catches my attention.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, it must've taken you awhile to photograph all this stuff and get it posted on here, so thanks for that effort. It's really nice seeing all this wonderful stuff.

Your unicum is just puking blooms. Well done. Do you know the flower count?

Cool stuff. You have a lots of variety. Is there anything you specialize in, or do you just like to grow a little bit of everything? I know if I had a greenhouse, it'd be dedicated to phrags, then paphs, then oncidium alliance, with a sprinkling of everything else that catches my attention.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, it must've taken you awhile to photograph all this stuff and get it posted on here, so thanks for that effort. It's really nice seeing all this wonderful stuff.

i grow about 98% species. Focusing mainly on Paphiopedilum, Dendrobium, Phalaenopsis, Bulbophyllum and some angraecoids.

Thanks for sharing. Is the Chiloschista fragrant? I really need to get some. :)

yes but mainly just in the mornings. i really love them. Im sure youd do good with one.

Isn't a greenhouse redundant for Hawaii? Do you live on Mauna Kea? ;)

absolutley not. many people are able to grow under just shade but for a majority of things they need to be in a greenhouse. remember a greenhouse does not necessarily just have to be for protection from the cold. Many areas on the windward side of the islands here get well over 150" of rain a year. That lone needs protection, nevermind the intense sunlight.
Your unicum is just puking blooms. Well done. Do you know the flower count?

thanks Chad! this is the first time its putting on a good show. i had a nice one a while back but it crashed when i tried to attach it to a mount. no idea the flower count.. a lot? its just a small plant. should be a good one when it gets mature.

Your thread is a virtual encyclopedia of lovely plants. I'm particularly pleased with how your Den. capituleferum is presented. I have a small edition of this plant and was wondering what its blooms look like. Are the flowers fragrant?

Back