Minor Phragmipedium besseae culture question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Hello all. I recently moved my collection back home from school about a week ago. The plants enjoyed very high humidity there. Unfortunately, it's much harder to maintain high humidity here at home. I think my besseae is made about that. The edges of the leaves have curled up under. I'm just wondering if this is a problem that I can just ignore for a couple weeks before I go back to school or if I need to construct something to keep its humidity high.

No rebound? Oh well. I'll do what I can. The plant has been moved outside. Unfortunately, the relative humidity out there is only about 70%. Better than the 55% inside, I suppose.

What it comes down to is that I'm too lazy to re-enclose my grow stand. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and wrap it for two weeks before I move again.

kentuckiense said:
No rebound? Oh well. I'll do what I can. The plant has been moved outside. Unfortunately, the relative humidity out there is only about 70%. Better than the 55% inside, I suppose.
Man! I don't have that much humidity in my house. In the basement, under lights, I'm lucky to get 40%. Perhaps the abrupt change in over-all milieu is why besseae is pouting. I've seen this happen with many different kinds of orchids, going from a greenhouse into a home environment. 70% outside seems like a dream...

Here's the pic:

zzzzzzMyOrchids24.jpg

Jon
________
Ford Granada Specifications

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back