miniataure cymidbiums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lindafrog

Hello from northern Michigan, where I never tire of looking outside at the lacy white filigree of snow covering everything- with more to come! Its a great day for finally winterizing the greenhouse. With the cost of propane fuel increasing I must lower the temperature in the greenhouse to 60 day and 50 night time. Not so good for phrags but mini cymbidums LOVE these conditions. Is any one else growing mini cybidiums, what grows well for you. Can you suggest some good vendors in the US.
thanks in advance for this cabin fever flower fix advise.
Lindafrog

Temp are also good for masd and plueros. Might not be good for them if the temp gets into the 90 s during the summer (unless you cool them down at night)...

Kyle

oops so sorry this was posted in wrong section, Thanks Kyle for your advise. The masds are also doing great.

I grow mini cymbidiums, or chinese ones at my household temps but I probably have your temps at night on windowsills in the winter
My cym maureen carter 'Dafon' is blooming right now :)
Cloud's Orchids and Paramount orchids has some chinese cym. They are located in Canada but will ship to USA

Latest posts

Back