Miltoniopsis Evergreen 'Premiere' . From Seattle Orchids.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a very nice flower and plant that is well grown. A minor note is that the name is Miltoniopsis Evergreen Premier. Premier is not the cultivar name, so should not be in ' ' but a part of the hybrid name. It was registered in 1981. It was last awarded in 2014 but your plant most resembles the cultivar 'Memoria Pete' awarded in 2013. It had a horizontal natural width of 8 cm, so sort of intermediate for these type hybrids. What horizontal width do you measure with your flowers?

It is a very nice flower and plant that is well grown. A minor note is that the name is Miltoniopsis Evergreen Premier. Premier is not the cultivar name, so should not be in ' ' but a part of the hybrid name. It was registered in 1981. It was last awarded in 2014 but your plant most resembles the cultivar 'Memoria Pete' awarded in 2013. It had a horizontal natural width of 8 cm, so sort of intermediate for these type hybrids. What horizontal width do you measure with your flowers?
Thank you, terryros. Also about 8. If I measure the largest one and stretch out the lateral sepals, it comes in at 9. But on average, 7-8.

Thank you everyone. I didn't get email notifications about replies so I didn't know anyone had responded !!
Well done! Milts well grown are always gorgeous. Do you grow this one cool/intermediate?
Night temps are not cool. But day temps are under 80 or under. The don't seem fussy about humidity, but I have to water this one every other day, particularly while in growth. It is underpotted. Straight sphagnum.

Back