Miltonia opening

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
My plant of Miltonia Guanabara just starting to open. It has about 20 spikes on it and should look reasonable when fully out.
DSCN0564.jpg

Should be quite a display, would love to see an updated photo when they all open.

Roy,

That's awe inspiring. Great growing.

I find these difficult to grow, much less to specimen size. Do you mind sharing you culture for these?

charlie c

Roy,

That's awe inspiring. Great growing.

I find these difficult to grow, much less to specimen size. Do you mind sharing you culture for these?

charlie c

Charlie, as you can see, this plant hangs in this spot near the roof full time. I thought it too shady but apparently not. Its growing in a 15 inch wire basket lined with old woven shade cloth and the mix is composted bark ( 1/4 inch ) only. Not the quality of bark I like but it seems to be working. It gets watered and fed with everything else. The air around it seems to be the key, it can dry out quickly. Its in the slipper etc, etc, etc house, ( pics in Collections, Pg 2. )

Roy, this is great; they all look so healthy, fine uniform green; don't you have any problem with pests on them: mealy bugs or so?? Jean

Roy, this is great; they all look so healthy, fine uniform green; don't you have any problem with pests on them: mealy bugs or so?? Jean

Thanks Jean, these plants seem to be the ONLY plants I don't get pests on.
I did before I hung them up and provided leaves of other plants don't touch them, the pests can't get to them.

Roy,

Thanks for the cultural tips. And the pix are worth at least a thousand words.

Will try the baskets this season. Good idea and I already have them around for the Stanhopeas. Thought I had pretty good air flow, but maybe I'll spread them out a little and see if I can increase that.

I appreciate your insights.

charlie c

Back