Mid-America Orchid Congress April 27 - 29

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ernie

All,

This year, the llinois Orchid Society (Chicago) is hosting the spring MAOC. Two slipper speakers are on the agenda- Hadley Cash (Marriott Orchids, white complex Paphs) and Alfredo Manrique (Peru, Phrag kovachii guy). Should be an excellent show! We will not have a booth at the show, BUT can certainly deliver preorders. More info...

Our speaker list includes Patricia Harding, co-author with Carl Withner of one of his Cattleya series, The Debatable Epidendrums. Patricia will speak about Huntleya, and related genera. Hadley Cash, from Marriott Orchids, who recently published an overview of his Paph breeding program in Orchid Digest, will speak on that topic. And Dr. Eric Christenson, noted author and taxonomist, will have two lectures, one on Maxillaria, and the other on his work in Peru with David Bennett, on a modern inventory of orchids in Peru . Joining them now will be Alfredo Manrique, of Centro de Jardineria Manrique, one of two nurseries in Peru authorized to grow and sell Phrag kovachii. This is quite a timely addition to our list of speakers. Seedlings of Phrag kovachii are now becoming available for sale in the United States , and we will have an
opportunity to hear the saga of this new, wonderful flower from one who is deeply involved in its distribution and conservation.
I hope all of you will want to attend this event, and spread the word to all of your orchid-growing friends. Information on registering for the conference is on the IOS web page, www.iosoc.com

-Ernie

argh. I just realized this while considering a trip to Chicago then. But if I go to Chicago, that means I will be working that weekend.... argh again.

Argh right back at you- our local Society always has it's spring show the same weekend as the Paph Forum in DC! :)

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back