Micranthum v eburneum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
tiny...only 2.5 inches NS
39454058542_dfd45e29fc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Good color, very flat, well shaped dorsal and petal. Maybe the pouch is proportionally a little small, but it is a very pretty flower. Too bad about the size. Maybe better next time. Mike

I am also back to growing micranthums...didn't think they would grow so well in indoor space but the flasklets are doing well.

Nice color, pouches grow with the flowers age, how long has it been open?
yeah, I know..I used to grow quite a few when I had my greenhouse..it's fully open now..about a week and hasn't grow anymore in the last three days

Nice. How many do you have and when are you going to get tired of them!? :p

i just ordered five from Thanh and I have a flask (deflasked) growing. I regret selling my awarded micranthums. I didnt think they would grow well or bloom under the lights after I tore down the greenhouese..so we will see for these..so far so good ..and they are much smaller than roth hybrids...if i sell them I will get in touch with you first..I am sure you have some room left in your apartment..maybe hollow out one of your walls

yeah, grow cubes (stones) and perlite (50/50) ...moss ends up growing on the top..with some roots I have to use styrofoam peanuts for better drainage(it's a judgment call as to whether I use them)..but Seattle water is probably key here...we have really good water apparently for orchids..dont ask me why

yeah, grow cubes (stones) and perlite (50/50) ...moss ends up growing on the top..with some roots I have to use styrofoam peanuts for better drainage(it's a judgment call as to whether I use them)..but Seattle water is probably key here...we have really good water apparently for orchids..dont ask me why

You have really soft water. Great also for coffee.

Ed....what temperature and light levels do you grow these indoors?

Well, I bought this one in bud . Right now my low is 60 but I allow the temps to drop to 55 for a couple weeks twice a year for the Roths. The high never gets above 85 in the summer. I don’t know if this will work for the micranthums I just bought but I will make adjustments accordingly

Thank you Ed. We have a large, very bright breezeway that drops into the low 50’s on most winter nights. It warms to high 60’s during the day. I was thinking that might make a micranthum happy. I’ll wait and see how you grow and tweak your conditions.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back