Michael Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot do a field trip but nothing is too big to ship in my experience.
If you ever come up with a list or attend the Slipper Symposium in Kissimmee and bring plants, I’ll be first in line as a buyer.
Well, I do have some plants that would require a custom shipping crate - most of those are not paphs. :) I suppose the nice thing about paphs is I could always divide them back to a convenient shipping size, but then I have more plants and that is really not what I'm going for.

A list is on my list of things to do this summer. But the list of lists keeps getting added to at the front, not sure when I'll get to it...

Rob, what do you think the essentials are for growth and blooming of your Michael Koopowitz?
Don't know about that one in particular, but most of my multiflorals do best warmer than I tend to keep my grow room. Especially anything with sanderianum in it. Which is why these are at a friend's greenhouse, they keep it way warmer than I can afford... Lows in the mid 60s I'd say.

Generous light, and I get better blooming the second year or third year after repotting. A particular challenge, because if I go much longer than 30 months the mix tends to rot on me...

What do you think triggers the blooming cycle? My question is related to a cross I have with Michael Koopowitz as one parent and armeniacum is the other. I am having trouble triggering blooming. Growth is good.

What do you think triggers the blooming cycle? My question is related to a cross I have with Michael Koopowitz as one parent and armeniacum is the other. I am having trouble triggering blooming. Growth is good.
Unfortunately in your case there isn't a trigger. One blooms warm, armeniacum blooms best after cold. Multiflorals x parvi are known to be very hard to bloom. Probably many never will, genetics is not a friend here. Awesome when they bloom...

Best way to get them to bloom is give them away. :) Seems like that never fails.

Latest posts

Back