Michael Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice and steady under four T5’s
Dr. LeslieEe,
Actually it is an 8 lamp T5, in front of a south facing window. A first bloom 2 growth seedling I purchased in late winter of 2018. I was actually surprised to see the emerging bloom and thought it had gotten rot because it was so dark. 4 flowers also, a pleasant surprise!

View attachment 17441 4 flowers for New Years!!
Beautiful! I have one I purchased 7/18 that has grown well (2 growths pretty mature) looks healthy, under 1 T5 high output LED at 80-90 PAR. So far, no sign of a spike. I actually just upgraded my PAR meter, because I learned the one I had was under measuring by about 30% (not full spectrum), so I’ve raised the light a bit to lower PAR. Other Paphs/phrags on the table were showing signs of a bit too much light. So now at 70-80. What light level is your lights producing for this one?

Beautiful! I have one I purchased 7/18 that has grown well (2 growths pretty mature) looks healthy, under 1 T5 high output LED at 80-90 PAR. So far, no sign of a spike. I actually just upgraded my PAR meter, because I learned the one I had was under measuring by about 30% (not full spectrum), so I’ve raised the light a bit to lower PAR. Other Paphs/phrags on the table were showing signs of a bit too much light. So now at 70-80. What light level is your lights producing for this one?
The light meter I am using is an app on my cell phone and it reads in LUX and FC.
The LUX reading is 13,880...
The Foot Candle reading is 1380-1400.
Both readings were taken today at the plant on a cloudy rainy day.
I have adjusted the height of the T5’s to 14-18 inches above the plant. The MK is actually less than that. Thanks to all the compliments and Happy New Year.
Duck

Latest posts

Back