Michael Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Duck Slipper

Reaction score
Haven’t bloomed one of these before, at first thought it had gotten rot because it was very dark. Looking alive now though.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Nice save. I wish my large MK was spiking too but alas it looks like he's in winter hibernation.

Please update us the progress.

Duck Slipper

Reaction score
Nice and steady under four T5’s
Dr. LeslieEe,
Actually it is an 8 lamp T5, in front of a south facing window. A first bloom 2 growth seedling I purchased in late winter of 2018. I was actually surprised to see the emerging bloom and thought it had gotten rot because it was so dark. 4 flowers also, a pleasant surprise!

southernbelle

Reaction score
View attachment 17441 4 flowers for New Years!!
Beautiful! I have one I purchased 7/18 that has grown well (2 growths pretty mature) looks healthy, under 1 T5 high output LED at 80-90 PAR. So far, no sign of a spike. I actually just upgraded my PAR meter, because I learned the one I had was under measuring by about 30% (not full spectrum), so I’ve raised the light a bit to lower PAR. Other Paphs/phrags on the table were showing signs of a bit too much light. So now at 70-80. What light level is your lights producing for this one?

Duck Slipper

Reaction score
Beautiful! I have one I purchased 7/18 that has grown well (2 growths pretty mature) looks healthy, under 1 T5 high output LED at 80-90 PAR. So far, no sign of a spike. I actually just upgraded my PAR meter, because I learned the one I had was under measuring by about 30% (not full spectrum), so I’ve raised the light a bit to lower PAR. Other Paphs/phrags on the table were showing signs of a bit too much light. So now at 70-80. What light level is your lights producing for this one?
The light meter I am using is an app on my cell phone and it reads in LUX and FC.
The LUX reading is 13,880...
The Foot Candle reading is 1380-1400.
Both readings were taken today at the plant on a cloudy rainy day.
I have adjusted the height of the T5’s to 14-18 inches above the plant. The MK is actually less than that. Thanks to all the compliments and Happy New Year.
Duck

Latest posts