Mexipedium 'Oaxaca'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrchidIsa

Reaction score
I did it!!!!!! I once was sure the plant wouldn't survive... It arrived here (like 3 years ago) without any viable roots... but it grew some and now, it's rewarding me with a flower!! I love it so much! I lost the 'Windy Hill' I got though... This one is 'Oaxaca'.

Terrific. How do you grow it?

Mine is in bloom now, too. Though I don't know if it's a seedling or if it's a division of one of the well known clones. It's a very cute plant, and one of the most unique of all the slipper orchids.

I grow it in a bark/charcoal/oyster shells mix, under T5HO lights. There is a south facing window in the room but there is no direct sunlight on the shelves. Not a that time of year I mean. Around 14 hours of light per day, humidity around 50-55%. Grows with all my other orchids!

I also have a Oaxaca in bloom. I attempted to pollinate it, but I'm not sure if took yet. Are you going to pollinate yours?

No I won't. I don't have any interest in those kind of things so I just appreciate the flowers :)

WooHoo! Congratulations! I have 'Windy Hill' in bloom now. I got it in February, 2008 and bloomed with 1 flower in 2010. Finally, now it has done well for a couple years and it's in bloom again; multiple flowers on one stem...sequentially. They're so cute and so small!

Thanks everyone!! I'm so glad I did it! Too cute!!! :D I now just hope for it to be happy and continue growing and blooming ;)

I just got a division of this from Marilyn and your photo has me excited!

Back