Mexipedium growing media and care

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anca86

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I have 2 Mexipediums and I would like to know which media should I use and how to care for them in terms of watering. I have 16 17 degrees Celsius in my growing area and around 80% humidity.

I know there are a few treads regarding Mexipedium but I still did not find an answer to my questions.

Thanks

I grow my mexipediums in a mix of fine bark, coarse perlite, sphagnum moss and dolomite. I have about 5 pots of them growing under my lights.

If I don't have dolomite, what can I use instead? How often do you water?
Thanks
You could add bonemeal and I usually water 2 times a week in summer and once a week in winter depending on when the medium dries out. They don't like to be extreme dry as the thick leaves suggest. I usually stick my finger in the mix down to about 1.5 inches deep to feel if it is dry.

You could add bonemeal and I usually water 2 times a week in summer and once a week in winter depending on when the medium dries out. They don't like to be extreme dry as the thick leaves suggest. I usually stick my finger in the mix down to about 1.5 inches deep to feel if it is dry.
Thanks for the tips

Latest posts

Back