Mexipedium flask!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GregoryTJ

I may have jumped the gun on this, but how many times do you have the opportunity to buy a flask of such a species!
Today I present to you some tiny recently deflasked Mexipediums!

I plan to switch them over to ex-small Orchiata per the seller's instructions as soon as it arrives in the mail (local place stopped carrying it)!
For now Sphag will have to do.

These have been out of flask 3 days now with no signs of discontent yet. I've been misting them lightly every day and keeping a humidity dome over them for a few hours every morning.
Temps are 80F in the day dropping to 70F at night in my grow room. Humidity is 50 percent 24/7 in the room.

It's still so cold outside here, I had to have them overnight shipped. They were a bit cold when I got them, but not frozen thank goodness!

They are from a selfing of the CHM/AOS awarded plant 'Moonlight and Star' (verified by the grower of said plant).

Wb4G7FH.jpg

Switched to Orchiata with a tiny bit of coir on the top to help retain moisture.

AaUnsnI.jpg

Update: some of them are starting to make new roots! The leaves have thickened almost unnoticeably. I had them in somewhat brighter light than they are now but they were drying too fast. They're in a very shady spot now.

I lost two due to heavy shipping damage which lead to bacterial rot. They may have made if I left them, but I pulled them up and tossed them to prevent the rot from spreading.

Latest posts

Back