Mexi in sheath at least

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoved it in the refrigerator every night for 2 months.

:eek:

Lol. That is... awesome! Did you just stick it in there? Or did you put in a bag or something to maintain humidity?

Hmn... maybe I need to try this strategy with my stubborn micranthum... :rolleyes:

From a selfing of 'Moon and Stars' that I deflasked 4 years ago. Sold off/gave away the others and kept one of the smaller ones for myself.
I finally got tired of waiting for it to bloom on its own and forced it; now it has 3 sheaths that I can see so far.
View attachment 19371
Nice, bushy plant or compot. I'm surprised it took that much chilling to induce flower buds. Good luck with it. Look forward to your next photos.

Looks very good and compact, what conditions do you keep it in( apart from the frig that is!) mine seem to be slow to establish I keep mine in a large wardian heated case I try to keep it around 25 Deg C with around 50% rh, I spray them every couple of days to keep the compost moist
they lit with T8 tubes. I'm wondering about lighting and air movement. Living in the North of England is a challenge climate wise
Thanks
Paddy

Looks very good and compact, what conditions do you keep it in( apart from the frig that is!) mine seem to be slow to establish I keep mine in a large wardian heated case I try to keep it around 25 Deg C with around 50% rh, I spray them every couple of days to keep the compost moist
they lit with T8 tubes. I'm wondering about lighting and air movement. Living in the North of England is a challenge climate wise
Thanks
Paddy
They like it warm in my experience, 28 to 30° will make them grow fast. Mix should have a generous percentage of crushed oyster shell. In winter, they still have warm days, but the night temperature drops significantly, all the way down to 8°. That's why the refrigerator trick worked. They can take very bright light.

They like it warm in my experience, 28 to 30° will make them grow fast. Mix should have a generous percentage of crushed oyster shell. In winter, they still have warm days, but the night temperature drops significantly, all the way down to 8°. That's why the refrigerator trick worked. They can take very bright light.
Thanks crushed shell ordered, I noticed some new rhizomes circling the pots which in taking as a good sign.

Nah, just threw it in. lol
You need a Winerium lol. That way you can shock as many plants in there as you wish lol.

Btw how did you keep the growths so close together since stolons are long most of the time. Is it just the way this plant is? If so I need one 🤣

Latest posts

Back