Memoria Grace Yu (Deperle X Wellesleyanum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ernie

For those of you with the Paph cross (Deperle X Wellesleyanum), it has now been named Paph. Memoria Grace Yu in honor of a young lady that worked in our lab.

Grace Yu passed away on September 14 at the age of 21 due to a sudden hemorrhage in her brain.

Grace was a Bioengineering senior at UIC. Though shy and soft-spoken as a child, Grace matured into a young woman who was always very kind and generous with her heart. Grace was often seen with a big bright smile, the kind that shrinks her eyes to a squint.

On the night she passed away, Grace donated six major organs, saving three lives in one night. Over six hundred people attended her
memorial service. In addition, two hundred others watched a live streaming of her memorial online. Her family, our lab members, along with many others, will miss her dearly.

-Ernie

What a wonderful way to honor her memory and her gift of life! My sister was an organ donor. Her gift to others helped ease the pain of our tragic loss. I hope Grace's family, friends and colleagues will find peace and comfort too.

What a shame for the loss, a lovely way to honor someone!
It's nice to know that good can come with the bad, thru organ donation.

My deepest condolences!!! I do not know the cross, but i am sure her simle with never fade away...

Back