Member Banned

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

gore42

Oooooh how I hate that Banana Man! If I could find some way to destroy them all... they would just spring up somewhere else and look even more deranged. Then they'd be zombie banana men. F the banana men.

- Matt

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
gore42 said:
Oooooh how I hate that Banana Man! If I could find some way to destroy them all... they would just spring up somewhere else and look even more deranged. Then they'd be zombie banana men. F the banana men.

- Matt

WOWOWWOWOW!!! MATT!!!
This is a new side of you.

You, me, and Zach. We could be the anti-bananaman super heroes!
Kill the bananaman, SAVE THE WORLD!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

K

Kev

Banana Man??:confused:

Is that the same thing as odd Uncle Bob with the long coat, black shoes and socks standing in the bushes in the park?

M

Marty

Heheh, too funny! Now what's wrong with bananas ??? I cheer for bananas

adiaphane

Reaction score
Is that cheerleader one new? I haven't noticed it before!

smartie2000

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just jumping in and new to this particular forum, but why are you guys against Mahon?! I've met him before on another forum. Clearly this guy is knowledgable and it was a pleasure to discuss orchids with him on the internet. I believe he mentioned he is 21 now. I was suprised when he metioned his age, I though he was much older.

I believe someone stated he wanted to buy a Paph dianthum from Canada. I do not think that CITES is does not really work the way it as intended to. It's so silly I can't buy a lab grown orchid from the USA and ship it to Canada. I am definitely not against him shipping a orchid from Canada into the USA if it was lab grown. Habitat destruction is the major cause of endangering a species and not the collecting of an indivual from the species! CITES should be removed because artificial propagation and in vitro technologies are the major ways we obtain plants today and I would think most people have the knowledge and ethics to avoid purchasing wild collected plants.

I'm confused about what he has done. I wouldn't think he could cause so much hate. I wonder if he is reading this stuff you guys are writing.....

G

gary

Welcome!
Perhaps you would like to introduce yourself.
You might also look at Mahon's history on this board before jumping to any conclusions. As a bystander it is clear to me that it what not out of hate that Mahon was banned. The mod's here are loath to ban anyone, that's just the way they are.
Cheers,
gary

M

Marty

SlipperFan said:
Where are you folks getting all these crazy smileys???:confused:
We have a copyright, trademark and a patent pending on the cheerleader over at OB
heheh

PS: working on copyrighting the banana too

smartie2000

Reaction score
he can't possibly be 17, I really can't imagine a 17 year old have so much experience in orchid culture and taxomony and all sorts of other useful info.

Latest posts