Quantcast

Member Banned

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, the user Mahon is no longer a member of this forum. After much deliberation over member complaints, an administrative consensus was finally reached that enough rules had been broken enough times to warrent his removal.

This has been a topic of debate among the administrators and moderators of this forum for quite a while now, and I can assure that it took quite a bit to finally reach this conclusion. Your opinions of this matter are encouraged as this event is a very rare exception on this forum, and one that was not easy to agree on or to make.

Jon

C

cdub

I must say the non-stop catfights between mr mahon and a few of the members here was quite annoying. So much so that it approached the somewhat hostile atmosphere that still disappoints me regarding other orchid forums, and made me think about never visiting this website again. I'm not siding with Pat or anyone, but I'm hopeful we won't have anymore outrageous banter to obscure this otherwise fun, friendly, and informative forum. Carry on.

bwester

Reaction score
I'm doing the happy dance..... with clothes on this time :confused:

P

patrix

It is like a rotten tooth has been extracted-I am confident that more than a few members are quite pleased- the adm/mod have been extremely tolerant of his antics. I wonder where he will contaminate next. Amazing that Alfonzo ever got his plants at all-but I guess that is the well fought silver lining in this story-lets hope they arrive in good condition and not sabotaged

NYEric

Reaction score
I cannot agree with banning Mr. Mahon. As someone commented, other users could simply get on hisignore list. Eventually, I'm sure, enough people would have done this so that the ostracisation [not ostarization unfortunately] would have made it impossible for him to "bother" anyone. Some day, with maturity and restraint, he might became a more usefull member of this community. I actually fear for his wellbeing if he carries his attitude into the U. S. military. That's my opinion, Thanx.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Eric,
We thought about that a great deal. However, this wasn't just about his maturity level, it was about the fact that he's scammed members, been caught in many an untruth, and was starting to be abusive towards members.

We have a high tolerance level here, but it is not infinite.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
NYEric said:
I cannot agree with banning Mr. Mahon. As someone commented, other users could simply get on hisignore list. Eventually, I'm sure, enough people would have done this so that the ostracisation [not ostarization unfortunately] would have made it impossible for him to "bother" anyone. Some day, with maturity and restraint, he might became a more usefull member of this community. I actually fear for his wellbeing if he carries his attitude into the U. S. military. That's my opinion, Thanx.
Actually, I'm with Eric. I wonder what might have happened if we had all chosen to ignore/not respond to his posts. He's a kid ready to do battle -- I hope the military straightens him out. Unfortunately, it might have the opposite effect.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
I am not big into banning but more into stoning ;) . I think you made a decision which was given much thought. After he was banned from the other Forum and came here complaining about it and not knowing why, I went there to find out what happened and he was banned for good reason and he did know why.

M

Mark

No no no! I'm completely opposed to stoning. Last time I was stoned I didn't like it at all. Just giggled a lot and ate a whole broasted chicken. :arrr:

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Mark said:
No no no! I'm completely opposed to stoning. Last time I was stoned I didn't like it at all. Just giggled a lot and ate a whole broasted chicken. :arrr:
:rollhappy:

BTWMark now that the weather has cooled off Masd Snowbird is again coming into bloom :)

B

Barbara

Perhaps this is for the best. His behaviour wasn't terribly encouraging for a new member. He's been watching too many pirate movies.:arrr:

Paphman910

Reaction score
I can't believe Pat Mahon caused so much trouble that he got banned from both forum. He once asked me to export an illegal orchid from Canada into the US without any papers. I would definitely get into alot of legal and jail time if I mailed the illegal orchids. The plant in Canada is not illegal since it was propagated in flask.

Paphman910

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
He offered me illegal plants as well (anitum), and when I said, "that's an illegal plant" he claimed not to have known that anitum was illegal and said maybe it was really adductum. :rolleyes:

Of course, I also told him that if he thought I was dumb enough to trust him after the first incident we had (where he refused to pay me for a plant I sold him) he was a fool.

bwester

Reaction score
The final straw for me was when he started causing all that cancer. I mean I can take persistent annoying of random people and even the occasional theft of a child's lollipop, but man, giving all those guys throat and rectal cancer..... thats just plain mean.