Mem. Larry Heuer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Pretty much typically expected outcome, but I like it.
Under the light, it shines and I like the way it looks.
I just wish the plant was a little bit smaller. Each leaf is 9inch long!
I do have one other mature sized plant that is much smaller. Hoepfully it will bloom at that size.

This plant came into bud in the late summer of 2015, but the bud blasted on me after sitting there for a long time. I sort of figured it was going to die when it was just sitting there looking up the sky without ever getting taller or bigger. lol
A new fan was starting at the same time fortunately, and that new fan is now in bloom after about 16months.

It is quite large with ns of 15cm.
Unfortunately no fragrance. been open for about three days now.

FAVei2tl.jpg

xRd7y8Ol.jpg

No, just a generic tag that reads malipoense x emersonii.
The tag is yellow with B4004 at the very top.
Do you know what nursery this is??

For two growths plant, it has quite a few actively growing roots.
Potting mix is about half hydroton balls and power grade orchiata with live moss coming back on top.

I had grown this one under T8 (three 4' tubes) with about 20in away from the light source. Four tubes were too much for the leaves.

Jack's Classic liquid concentrate fertilizer (half or quarter dilution of what's recommended on the bottle) about once a month. There were times when I went two months without fertilizing in the summer, and then other times, I would fertilize two watering in a row, but about one a month is an average, just for anyone who cares.

rx9CMOTl.jpg

5SAr8yRl.jpg

Very pretty. My MLH was only very faintly fragrant, had been hoping it would be stronger. Also, mine didn't have all that color on the petals. I think your clone is closer to what I had been hoping for. I suppose I have to buy more until I find a good colorful clone and a good fragrant clone!

Very pretty. My MLH was only very faintly fragrant, had been hoping it would be stronger. Also, mine didn't have all that color on the petals. I think your clone is closer to what I had been hoping for. I suppose I have to buy more until I find a good colorful clone and a good fragrant clone!

I really like yours with no tessellation, too!
It is not strongly colored as the photo shows.
Ice minty green, should I say?

I once saw this MLH that was overall off white, no tessellation, slightly pink pouch with some very faint brow near the center of the petals.
It was very emersonii and lovely!!!
The most malipoense part was the completely dark but emersonii shape staminode. That would make me very happy!

I like this one a lot, too, although I'm dreaming of what kind of flowers I might get on my other plant or other similar cross when they decide to flower. lol

Here's the tag.

Does anyone know which nursery use this numbering system??
I mean, I doubt I will find out exact parents and I don't really care, but I'm following Tony's suggestion just in case anyone knows where it originated.

What I do want to know the most is how to read those dates and what it represents.
Potting up date or out of flask date?

**I accidentally deleted it from the photo sharing website and it was showing up blank. lol
Here it is.

00OiyYGl.jpg

Last edited:
They read year, month, day, but I couldn't tell you if that's the date they acquired it, or the day they deflasked it.

An update on the scent.

I've been sniffing on the flower everyday.
Today, early evening, the flower was slightly fragrant.
A bit like malipoense, I've never smelled emersonii and so I can't compare.
It is nothing like Shun-Fa Golden, but pleasant.

Latest posts

Back