Maybe ready for ID suggestions

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaunie

Reaction score
I received this Phrag as a small one growth seedling in 2017 from a friend's estate - she passed away very unexpectedly. There was no label. It has two growths now and the second growth is larger than the growths on any of my other Phrags. The flower looked like it had a brown pouch as it started to open, but the flower has turned out to be pink. At this point the petals are still growing. The flower has a natural spread of 10 cm and a natural vertical spread of 20 cm today. The pouch is 4 cm wide and 7.5 cm long. There are two "teeth" on an edge on each petal. I am guessing this might be a 4N kovachii cross. I would be interested in forum members ideas on the other possible parent.

Attachments

• IMG_3828.jpeg
    IMG_3828.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 41
Sorry for your loss. Phrag. Frank Smith?
Thank you MaxC. We still miss the person this belonged to. She was very active in our orchid society and was just ready to retire.
Looking at the photo of Tiny Jungle's Frank Smith I can see that this is indeed what it must be. That photo shows both a fully opened flower and one that is just opening, which looks like this one as it was opening.

Latest posts

Back