Maxillaria striata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
This species is found in wet mountain forests ie cloud forests on the eastern slopes of the Andes in Peru, Columbia and Ecuador.The flower is 4.5" and is non-fragrant. This is one of my favorites

Attachments

• P9070104.JPG
    P9070104.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 26
Ron, where have you been? We've missed you!
Life has been in high gear. Spent most weekends this summer working or playing at our new lake house. Also had to get son ready for his first year of college, do a 2 day orientation with him and take him there for a 3 day preschool check-in and activities. Also had to deal with some family health issues this summer. My poor chids have been neglected, fortunately have had them watered once a week but many mounted ones needed more . Lost a few due to my inattention :(

I miss being here on a regular basis

at least you still do have this maxi beauty!!!! (mine is growing nicely but not flowering; maybe I should give it less sun) Jean

at least you still do have this maxi beauty!!!! (mine is growing nicely but not flowering; maybe I should give it less sun) Jean
jean, I keep it on the brighter side ...2nd rolling bench from the west wall but close to the north glass...70% shade cloth overhead. I didn't loose any maxxies fortunately...unfortunately I lost some mounted Bulbos.

Latest posts

Back