Maxillaria sanderiana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
I got this plant in fall 2006, without too much hope to bring it to bloom, this time. The first experience I had was expensive, and failed.

maxillariasanderiana463vj7.jpg

I was of course happy when I discovered this 2 months ago:

maxillariasanderiana463ea3.jpg

one of the 2 buds failed, but the other continued growing:

maxillariasanderiana463yt3.jpg

the flower opened this week!

maxillariasanderiana463jm8.jpg

maxillariasanderiana463ny3.jpg

maxillariasanderiana463rj1.jpg

It's nice to see one in bloom. I thought I would be accused of personally making this plant extinct. Must have tried 10 times already and each plant died. Have a couple more that have actually lived for over a year but no blooms yet.

Maybe they are allergic to aluminum foil???

It's nice to see one in bloom. I thought I would be accused of personally making this plant extinct. Must have tried 10 times already and each plant died. Have a couple more that have actually lived for over a year but no blooms yet.

Maybe they are allergic to aluminum foil???

I bought it in that alu foil, price on the orange sticker (18 Euro only!). When I removed the max. from the alu I was confronted with a lot of very fine roots, and I did not see if they were still alive or not, so I cut off a good part of them, and put the plant in a plastic pond pot with holes all around (pic 2) filled with bark mix. Placed in a saucer filled with water at every watering, so humid almost all the time, it remains in a sunny space of the greenhouse!!

Jean

Congrats and Very nice Jean, that has been at the top of my wish list for some time. I seem to always miss getting one from the South American vendors each year. They sell quickly!

Latest posts

Back