Max. striata 'Robin Jane' FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaph

Reaction score
I just got awarded today a FCC for this plant, a dream come true after 30 years of growing orchids :)

34066566852_1a4c6b3a78_b.jpg

Never heard before that Maxillaria are able to achieve a FCC ;)
Congrats!

Thanks everyone!!

Bravo !!!! One of my absolute favs.! Any cultural advice? Jean
I am growing it intermediate with cooler nights and have it in a sphagnum/bark mix. I have it a bit under potted to not allow the plant to get too wet, but it does like water so I have to be careful :)

Holy Cow! That's a beautiful flower, a great photo and a WONDERFUL award! Congratulations! I've been growing orchids for 37 years and never won an FCC. I once gave a division of my Phrag. Nitidissimum to Wendy and it won her an FCC a few years later; but, I've never had the honour myself. What a nice feather in your cap. I'm really pleased for you. Bravo!

Holy Cow! That's a beautiful flower, a great photo and a WONDERFUL award! Congratulations! I've been growing orchids for 37 years and never won an FCC. I once gave a division of my Phrag. Nitidissimum to Wendy and it won her an FCC a few years later; but, I've never had the honour myself. What a nice feather in your cap. I'm really pleased for you. Bravo!
Thanks so much John :)
Holly, so close with the division to Wendy, I hope you kept and still have the other part of the division!!

Thanks everyone!!

I am growing it intermediate with cooler nights and have it in a sphagnum/bark mix. I have it a bit under potted to not allow the plant to get too wet, but it does like water so I have to be careful :)

Thanks..., I am actually working on not killing my 3rd try ...

Jean

Thanks so much John :)
Holly, so close with the division to Wendy, I hope you kept and still have the other part of the division!!

Yes, I kept the mother plant and I still have it. So, of course I got to add the award to it's label, too.....and being a slipper orchid, it's value increased considerably.

Latest posts

Back