Maudiae spike habit

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
A pic of 2 P. Maudiae I have in flower at the moment with what I think is record spike length of one for my growing conditions. The one on the left has a spike length of 18 inches ( 46 cms ) from the leaf of the fan to the base of the ovary. I've never had one with that length before. The plant flowered last year and I believe the spike was about 1 foot ( 30cms ).
The cane stakes are 60 cms long, the spike one the right is not short either for that matter.

DSCN0650.jpg

Wow!!! :drool:

I love long spikes! That being said, I'm still on the prowl for a hookerae!!!

Don't snap it over!

Is the parentage the same for both plants too?

Rick, not sure about the parents, they are Maudiae x Maudiae, The crosses I have came with code No's and Maudiae on the tag. The breeder was working with 3n & 4N clones and charging like a wounded bull for them. By trial & error I'm putting some pollen about to see what happens, 2 breed, one I'm getting flasks back of the crossing and another has a pod on now, nearly ready for flasking. I have one with a bud that has Maudiae 'Los Osos' as a parent the other maybe a 4n, the breeder wont tell me.

Latest posts

Back