Masdevallias Galore

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

B

Bolero

Well it's been the best year I've had flowering these beauties, I've had at least 50 plants flowering with some flowering new ones constantly since August. I hope next year is this good and I have a few about to flower which haven't flowered before, it's been the best year ever....

Rein Sun

Red Baron

Peach Fuzz

Machu Picchu

Magic Dragon

Lots of flowers recently.....

JeanLux

Reaction score
Wow!!!! They really seem to enjoy your environment!!! They are all very pretty but the color of Machu Picchu is top!!!! Jean

Shiva

Reaction score
A very nice collection. But tell me, are the ferns in the background growing in masdevallia pots? I always have ferns growing in my pots but I take them out.

B

Bolero

A very nice collection. But tell me, are the ferns in the background growing in masdevallia pots? I always have ferns growing in my pots but I take them out.
The ferns in the background are growing in their own pots. I put them in their own pots when I am repotting my orchids, I seem to have a plague of them at the moment. One of the ferns you can see is growing in a Brassia pot and is bigger than the Brassia! I should take a photo to show you but shortly I will be repotting this one and removing the fern. You are right, the ferns should be removed and I do so regularly but try and keep them growing. I figure I might be able to sell ferns at orchid shows.......lol.

G

goldenrose

:drool: :drool: EXCELLENT! :smitten: I hope one day I'll have scenery like that!

Yoyo_Jo

Catt's Meow
Reaction score
^^^ I was wondering the same thing as Eric.

What a great display of Masdies! :clap: The colors are so darn cheerful, you can't help but smile at them. :D

B

Bolero

Very nice. Isn't it summer there, I would have thought it too hot for coccinea hybrid! :confused:
I have a coccinea (magenta) plant that is currently in spike. It can be to hot but we have strategies to work around that issue.

H

Hera

Rein Sun is so beautiful. I so wish I could grow these. My absolute favorite orchids, and I have the worst conditions for them.

NYEric

Reaction score
I have a coccinea (magenta) plant that is currently in spike. It can be to hot but we have strategies to work around that issue.
Aren't most of those coccinea hybrids!? BTW, is "strategies" code word for expensive airconditioning and wet-pads!? :p

B

Bolero

Aren't most of those coccinea hybrids!? BTW, is "strategies" code word for expensive airconditioning and wet-pads!? :p
All I do is mist regularly in the mornings and make sure they don't get to much light. When the temps get to warm (over 90F) I bring them into my bathroom where they sit on the cool floor......when the temps cool down again I put them outside and start misting and watering again. I have a friend who when it's warm waters them a dozen times a day......I think that's crazy but he has plenty of time on his hands. It seems to work for him anyway.

Latest posts