Masdevallia Copper Wing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap: :clap: Oh yeah!! :drool: I'm getting into masdies & dracs, please tell us temp requirements!

Thanks guys! It is quite a striking flower, and has pretty good form for this hybrid.

It isn't difficult at all, so long as temps don't get too high. It doesn't seem to be quite a fussy about water quality as some of the species Masdies. All in all, I find hybrid Masdies to be easy to grow plants.

Rose, the summers here don't get very hot - if it gets into the 80s its the exception rather than the rule. So, for me, the Masdies are quite easy growers. I think that in general, hybrid Masdies are much more tolerant than a lot of the species.

you are so lucky with the cooler temps... :)

(yes, I know, most of my friends say I am crazy, but I love colder temps... and summer here is too hot!)

Me too, we should all move to Canada! Huh!? What do you mean I'm banned!? :mad:

Canada? I would prefer north Tenerife :) nice beaches the whole year, and if you leave a little bit away from the coast, you have coll temps all year round... ;)

give me a job there, and I move immediately...

Nah... too cold in Canada in the winter! We have the best of both in the UK: cool summers and very mild winters (usually).

Now I have to look it up! :D
Shakkai, I hope you have some kind of ultrasonic fogger to keep the cool humidity up for the draculas and masdies.

In my Exo-Terra tank, the ambient humidity (without any special devices) is normally above 70%. Over 90% after their daily misting.

One of the other advantages of being in the UK!! High humidity most of the time.

Eric, I only grow one Dracula. I had another one, but I think my humidity varied too much and the buds kept blasting, so I gave it to someone who grows in a greenhouse and could keep it happy. I'm happy to stick with the Masdies.

Latest posts

Back