Masdevallia caloptera

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticshaun

Reaction score
My first multifloral Masdevallia species, although not my favorite it is botanically interesting. Long-lasting multifloral spikes with a somewhat unpleasant scent. Usually has 7-8 flowers on multiple spikes but after division has bloomed more sporadically with fewer flowers. Grown under lights in intermediate temps. Originally I envisioned crossing it with M. princeps to create large flowered multifloral spikes (I don't have the time, space or energy to create what would likely be a hideous monster).

IMG_20052.jpg

I haven't checked lately but I suspect this has a new name (lots of changes in Masdevallias lately).

Shaun

what! are you saying you won't hybridize with it? I think it won't be easy (numbers-wise) but could be very rewarding. But then, I like wierd stuff anyway....

Really nice flowers! I can't wait to see my Masde. pachyura bloom, it should be similar to this - also my first multifloral Masdie. These types of Masdevallia can be just as impressive as the ones with the large flowers, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back