Masde's and a Lycaste

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

LovesPaphs
Reaction score
Here's my Masd. Highland Monarch. Best of Masdevallia at the Boise Show. It has 12 flowers or buds

Masd. Machu Picchu 'Crown Point' AM/AOS
Can't get the color right:mad:

And finally my Lycaste Athanacia (Kurt Servos 'Lisa x skinneri alba 'Torn elegance')

Love the Masd. Machu Picchu. Is this a cool grower? Or warmth tolerant?
It has been blooming on and off all winter. I let my greenhouse get down to 50 degrees F., but I think the temperature change from day to night, and more light has made it bloom better. I don't think it needs to be that cool, I am just trying to save money on heat.

Nice. Is the Lycaste fragrant? How do you grow them?
It' isn't fragrant. I got my info about how to grow them from an article in AOS by Wilford B. Neptune, MD. He also refers to Steve Gettel. Both are excellent growers. I water once a week. I have 4 and they are all growing fine. I like these, because if you mess up the leaves, they eventually drop and you get new leaves that look great.:rollhappy:

Thanks. I have 3 Lycastes but they are not really doing anything. I try not to overwater them but the humidity in our apartment is in the negative numbers so we spray everything at least once a day.

Latest posts

Back