Masd. polysticta

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Meet my new multi masdie! Marguerite brought this with her for me last weekend. I decided I needed a multi & this species had large flowers for this type. It's from Columbia, intermediate to cool temps.
masdies008-1.jpg
masdies009.jpg
masdies010.jpg

It's in a 3"pot, plant height 6-7". What a cutie!

Awesome! I've really started getting a hankering for these and this one is only fueling the fire. :)

Cute and unusual. Is this one of the Masdies that continues to bloom on the same spike?
Yes it does, there's one dried up stalk but I'm leaving it alone!
It's so darn cute, I'm glad I got, it makes me chuckle everytime I look at at. I will be looking closer at other multi masdies!

Cool spots! Is this going in your next terrarium set up?
Yes, my smaller aquarium is overcrowded (amazing how that happens) and I was planning on having the big one done last week ......
that will be another story, watch for it in the mega growing thread!

I love the multifloral Masdevallias (dreams of hybridizing for more colors). I have a M. caloptera (possibly mislabelled) and I don't think I've had previously flowered spikes rebloom (I may have cut them too soon). Is yours fragrant at all, mine unpleasantly smells like a downtown alley - stale pee but so far this is the strongest scent from a Masdevallia in my collection.

Shaun

:poke: and just what are you doing in downtown alleys? EEWE
I have to say it has no fragrance. A colorful multi would be neat! :drool:

Latest posts

Back