Marlow Orchids closing...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

masaccio

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Has Redland officially cancelled for 2021? Florida seems to have been a little more Gung-Ho in the face of COVID than most of the rest of the nation. Of course it all depends on who is willing to show up. Initial and limited distribution of vaccines were predicted pre-Christmas. I haven't been keeping up day-to-day. Summer Olympics are still on as far as I know. X-ing all of 2021 seems a bit extreme.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting effort, but not one I'd be inclined to go with.

If one partner is retiring, why not take the buy-out as a percentage of sales until the agreed-upon figure has been met? That way he gets some of the funds, which is bound to be more than he'd get closing.

tomkalina

Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rob - Grand Rapids is tempting, but I'm going to wait to see how this whole COVID thing shakes out assuming the vaccine does it's thing. Where is the venue and are there any restrictions as far as number of people allowed in the show at any given time?

eOrchids

Reaction score
Well Marlow Orchids is closing its doors at the end of June. :(

Their Final Open House is on 6/5/2021 10am - 4pm.

Cordulus

Reaction score
Well Marlow Orchids is closing its doors at the end of June. :(

Their Final Open House is on 6/5/2021 10am - 4pm.
This is really sad to hear. It looked like things were starting to look up for them again and then this bombshell was dropped. They were a great business with a solid variety of plants. I hear Jonathan is going to work for Andy's now.

Linus_Cello

Reaction score
Austin Miller of [formerly] Marlow's Orchids will be speaking at a Lotus event July 31-Aug 1:

Latest posts