manzurii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice blooms Istvan... however the red in the staminode rules it out of a manzurii, which has only green and yellow coloration. Likely a schmilii?

There are many sellers out there that may have mistaken their schmiliis as manzuriis inadvertently.

Similarly even renown and trusted websites (like Kew) have posted wrong pics of schmiliis as manzuriis.

Attaching the official description:

And here is the AOS species ID task force (SITF) determining the 'manzurii' with a reddish tint on staminode as a schmilii:

Last edited:

dodidoki

Reaction score
Dear Leslie.Many thaks for useful information. I asked about too, because i could not see difference between this and my schlimiis although tag says " manzurii" from Ecugenera.

dodidoki

Reaction score
Nice blooms Istvan... however the red in the staminode rules it out of a manzurii, which has only green and yellow coloration. Likely a schmilii?

There are many sellers out there that may have mistaken their schmiliis as manzuriis inadvertently.

Similarly even renown and trusted websites (like Kew) have posted wrong pics of schmiliis as manzuriis.

Attaching the official description:

And here is the AOS species ID task force (SITF) determining the 'manzurii' with a reddish tint on staminode as a schmilii:

If I mean well, it is schlimii, too, isn t?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-27-21-13-54-557_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-27-21-13-54-557_com.android.chrome.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 0