Malvern International Orchid Show UK

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I completely forgot to take my camera so didn't take any of merit with phone :-/

This was the only one worth posting (a very impressive Eric Young 'compot'):

malvern_01.jpg

What I brought was not all onthe same day I had order and paid before hand for some plants.

Phragmipedium X roethianum
Phragmipedium Incan Treasue
Phragmipedium pearcii
PhragmipediumMem Garden Weaver
Phragmipedium Vangtaine Du Roquier

Paphiopedilum Primchild
Paphiopedilum armenicum
Paphiopedilum micranthum
Paphiopedilum Ho Chin Min
Paphiopedilum hirsutissimum
Paphiopedilum kolopakingii vat topperii
Paphiopedilum farreanum
Paphiopedilum haynaldianum
Paphiopedilum Wossener Spiderman
Paphiopedilum Glora Naugle
Paphiopedilum Mem Larry Heuer but looks like its Ma Bella

Coelogyne multiflora
Bulbophyllum Jersey
Maxillaria rufescens
Tricopilia fragrans

That Thunia was tiny compared to the one in the RHS judging tent it was twice the size, there was also a massive gatton sunray as well will see if I have the pic for the gatton sunray didn't get a pic of the otherThunia

The first photo must have gotten a lot of EYOF Phrags, very sweet. BTW, your big "Eric Young Compot" is not Eric Young. And those dactylrhizzas.. :drool: Very uncommon here. Thanks again for sharing.

The first photo must have gotten a lot of EYOF Phrags, very sweet. BTW, your big "Eric Young Compot" is not Eric Young. And those dactylrhizzas.. :drool: Very uncommon here. Thanks again for sharing.

Well.... It was labeled up as an Eric Young and received a first place in the Amateur Phragmipedium category... Eric Young 'Orange Harmony' to be precise.

And...? The pouch with the ruffles on the lip and the spots inside is a giveaway that it's not an Eric Young. Look up other photos.

Seriously, I know you know far more than I about orchids but I can only go on my limited knowledge and what I've read in front of me. I wasn't sure if you could make out the name tag on the photo so double-checked my higher res version and posted accordingly ;)

No problem, the grower and the judges have it wrong. If they tested it's genetics it would probably show to be a Sargent Eric, or an Inca Embers.

Great display! It must have been a nice day for you!
Thanks for sharing.

In the second photo from the bottom on the very first posting, what is that big plant (that looks like bamboo sort of) bearing large white flowers with reddish orange lip? next to Gatton Sunray.

Latest posts

Back