Malipoense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent flower of a Paph. malioense in toto, colouration, shape and stance. 👌 Congrats.

.........This plant is too big to my liking. The leaves are 9-10inch long each!

Maybe only strong plants can carry such beautiful flowers.....something comes from something.

You have it all there. Is there any chocolate along with the raspberry? A malipoense sundae.

In low bud again finally!
Rather odd timing to spike for the species. will see how long it will take to flower.
In the meantime, I am accepting pollen of a nice chunky malipoense with pouch that does not hang low or tilted downward and preferably with fragrance.
I have a plant from Bears breeding in high bud that should open up within the next one month, so fingers crossed!

My guess is that it will bloom much faster but less beautifully.
That's my worse fear and it probably has a high chance to become the reality.
Let's see what I get. I will cross it with a fat chunky malipoense regardless assuming the genes (thus the potential) are still there with the plant.

Definitely chunkier than my other one, but more funny than chunky at this stage. 😂 Still not fully open yet.
Really testing my patience.
E65CDA2F-CCFE-41C4-9C50-9DB867ADF1C7.jpeg

**Replaced the dark blurry photo from last night to this one taken in the morning. The color is very off. It is nice and green in person.

Last edited:
Definitely chunkier than my other one, but more funny than chunky at this stage. 😂 Still not fully open yet.
Really testing my patience.
View attachment 39820

**Replaced the dark blurry photo from last night to this one taken in the morning. The color is very off. It is nice and green in person.
Any better?
38388-fc210d061733bca34d7a14778d129b7b-02.jpeg

Latest posts

Back