Malipoense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
After seven long agonizing months' wait, it is finally open.
The opening of the bud itself has taken over a month! Geesh!

The plant stands at 3.4ft and the flower is at 6in wide.
It is the biggest plant and the largest flower of the species I've ever had.
Also, this is my first and only fragrant malipoense. I can smell fresh picked raspberry!

The plant is a good grower and bloomer, but the old growth dies back before the newer growth matures.
So, this has always been a single growth plant in the last few years I've had it.

rJLxF8jl.jpg

kBcE5OBm.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent job, beautiful flower!
Such a intriguing species. A raspberry scented flower on top of a 2 to 3 foot tall spike that took half a year to get there! I have a deflasked group of youngsters now that seem to be doing good.

The color clarity and form are superb. I would be very happy to have that in my collection if I were you! Even I I were me.

Ooo, then that needs to get outcrossed to the Sam's Choice line. Make some super plants!
I thought I had one from Sam, but no.
I have gotten rid of most of my malipoense over the years. Down to two large unbloomed seedlings now.
One is from Bears in Taiwan. The other from Piping Rock Orchids, although I'm not sure if it is their breeding.
I would like a nice malipoense that is not too big. This plant is too big to my liking. The leaves are 9-10inch long each!

I thought I had one from Sam, but no.
I have gotten rid of most of my malipoense over the years. Down to two large unbloomed seedlings now.
One is from Bears in Taiwan. The other from Piping Rock Orchids, although I'm not sure if it is their breeding.
I would like a nice malipoense that is not too big. This plant is too big to my liking. The leaves are 9-10inch long each!
Haha pass this along to me !!

Latest posts

Back