Magic Lantern

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
delenatii var. dunkel x micranthum
So, the third bud has opened and it is back to the expected normal darker color.
interesting to see them side by side šŸ˜View attachment 29083

So are you sure that there aren't two plants in that pot and not just one? Seen it happen before. I still think the lighter one is very attractive.

So are you sure that there aren't two plants in that pot and not just one? Seen it happen before. I still think the lighter one is very attractive.
I would say that there are definitely two plants here. Beside the very obvious color difference, the dorsals are not at all similar.

Photo update from the windowsill where it lives šŸ˜
I changed the orientation of the pot and they are now hugging each other. So cute!
I put In-Charm Handel pollen on the darker flower this morning. šŸ€šŸ€

In the back is a big thing of Norito Hasegawa that bloomed earlier in the spring with two flowers atop tall towers.
Dendrobium Tiny Twister blooming on rootless accidental division.
Neofinetia falcata Shoujou busy sending up four spikes which is obviously not shown here šŸ˜C94565A5-21B2-4324-AA43-0446DAD06A6A.jpeg

Mmmm. Two very pretty flowers. On the first sight I thought the darker coloured one would be the better one.....but the closer and longer I look at them I'm convinced.....the lighter coloured one attracts me more.

Last edited:
Photo update from the windowsill where it lives šŸ˜
I changed the orientation of the pot and they are now hugging each other. So cute!
I put In-Charm Handel pollen on the darker flower this morning. šŸ€šŸ€

In the back is a big thing of Norito Hasegawa that bloomed earlier in the spring with two flowers atop tall towers.
Dendrobium Tiny Twister blooming on rootless accidental division.
Neofinetia falcata Shoujou busy sending up four spikes which is obviously not shown here

nice flowers but totally loved this

" rootless accidental division " been there, done that

Mmmm. Two very pretty flowers. On the first sight I thought the darker coloured on would be the better one.....but the closer and longer I look at them I'm convinced.....the lighter coloured one attracts me more.
Color wise, I prefer dark but the shape is better on the lighter one. I like them both.

nice flowers but totally loved this

" rootless accidental division " been there, done that
So, that Dendrobium has been growing in this 3.75in pot for a few years. I meant to repot it into a larger pot when the newer growths started to grow out & over the edge of the pot. Well, I waited too long and it looked really messy with roots all over outside the pot. I could have taken the plant out of the pot (pot with lots of side slits like net pot almost which didnā€™t help taking the plant out of it with roots going in & out through those side slits) instead I just yanked it.
The main chunk containing the newest growth (still in active growth) was broken in half and a few small oldest growths came out with roots ripped off completely.
I pot it up the main chunk which is now sending up a brand new growth as well as some spikes on the older growths.
The rootless portions are in bloom/sprouting up a keiki. šŸ˜

Latest posts

Back