Magic Lantern BUD

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papheteer

Reaction score
I have a magic lantern bud that I think is having a hard time opening. The pouch is already inflated but the petals and sepals are still not opening. Looks like the petals are "clinging" on the pouch. Do you guys think it still gonna fully open? The pouch is growing for the last 3-4 days already. I may have kept it too dry when it's in bud. Could it possibly be the cause for this? I hope it still opens. The pouch is very white, something that i don't often see with Magic Lanterns.

Here are some pics:

the petals in the second and fourth pic actually look fused to the lip...it looks like if it opens fully it's gonna be a big one. When mine started opening the petals started to reflex early so I really couldn't say anything

Last edited:
The paph is laying an egg!! Make sure you put it on sterile nutrient agar, then sit on it, and then maybe you'll have protocorms in 9 months. Wait...I think I'm getting my reproductive schemes mixed up.

BTW, saw the movie Knocked Up last night. It's pretty much the most hilarious film I've ever seen. (chris hopes he hasn't thrown his manlihood out the slippertalk window by saying that).

Latest posts

Back