• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Made up a list of plants.....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody. I appreciate your concern. I had a large brain tumour removed through my nose/sinuses. Surgery was a breeze. I was discharged the next day. BUT(!), the trauma done to my sinuses was considerable and...MAN!....they do NOT like to be messed with! So much pain and pressure and that causes no sleep; which adds to generally feeling really, really crappy. In the long run, it will be worth it of course; but, I was not prepared for such a long recovery/downtime. I need to work and get some real income coming in! 'Been to many post-op doctor appointments and I'm on course; but, it will take 3 months to get over it. So, all I want for Christmas is to NOT feel like my face is going to explode!

Last edited:
It's rough now...but things will improve and you'll be back to normal soon. All my best!

John M you're a brave soul! Had a friend who had both open heart surgery and later sinus/nose surgery. She said the heart surgery was a breeze compared to the nose! But you are so very fortunate that the tumor could be removed, and the way it had been. Excellent surgeon even though your nose may disagree. Stop worrying, sleep as much as you can and heal.

Hi John, Thanks again for the plants, many wishes for a speedy recovery, hope you're better soon!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thanks again everyone!

Had a friend who had both open heart surgery and later sinus/nose surgery. She said the heart surgery was a breeze compared to the nose! Stop worrying, sleep as much as you can and heal.

I believe it! I think now that I would have preferred that my skull was taken off instead of going up my nose. The only thing was that there was a higher risk of being blinded if the surgeon went through the top because when they lift the brain to access the tumour, the optic nerves can get damaged. I did NOT want to increase the risk of blindness as a complication. I have SO-OOO much respect for anyone who gets a broken nose or has any sort of sinus surgery at all. The sinuses are incredibly sensitive structures that people just don't appreciate. There is so much going on behind your face. Plus, all the unpleasant sensations that comes with this surgery is really horrible because your whole head is affected. I was certain at times that something had gone horribly wrong and my nose, sinuses, bone and brain was all beginning rot and I was about to become an unfortunate statistic! Scary!

Sleeping is really difficult. I'm so sleep deprived......and that doesn't help. When I lay down, or even just lean back, the blood pressure in my sinuses increases and they swell. I'm either prevented from falling asleep; or, I wake up feeling like I'm suffocating and I have to get up for awhile. I don't like waking up gasping for air and with my sinuses feeling like they're going to expode out of my face. I know that I just have to put in the time and things will get better; but, right now, I'm still not a happy camper...and it's been 5 weeks since I had surgery. Today was a bad day. 'Don't think I'm going to get much rest tonight. *Sigh!*

Last edited:
Oh, John, I'm so sorry that you are going through all this unavoidable torture! It is such a long process to heal from, I know.
My thoughts are with you and I will keep you in mind for healing energies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Back