Made me wait soooooooo long

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow

Reaction score
The bud showed up in April. It is October now and finally it is opening. Actually, it is a second day of opening and the plant is not in a hurry at all.....

Paph. bellatulum x sib ('Red on Red' x 'Gigantic' AM/AOS)

Third day..... Looks like I have to wait few more days.... But I like it already. :) May be I would prefer not to have that area of very small spots at the top of the right petal. But may be I just want too much.....

A very dramatic event. Well worth the wait. I'll have to wait another year or so. Enjoy. Thanks for keeping us posted.

I agree with JeanLux. Its going to be very nice. I see what you mean about that area of tight spots, but give it a couple of more bloom cycles to really see what it will become. Even if it keeps that area, it is going to be a very nice flower. :wink:

Thank you for looking and waiting with me :) Morning update for you... Buy the way, can somebody explain to me what does NS mean? I suspect that it is a span but what span? :confused:

Goldenrose, I believe sending it to you will be a bit tricky. ;)

Nutz4Paphs, you are right, it is the first blooming of the plant. Will be interesting to see the next bloomings and to compare.

NS is natural spread and is a measure of the flowers width petal tip to petal tip
Oh, thanks a lot! But does it mean measuring the flower like it is or stretching it? I'm asking, because sometimes the flowers have long petals but they face forward, making the flower look smaller in width....

Oh, thanks a lot! But does it mean measuring the flower like it is or stretching it? I'm asking, because sometimes the flowers have long petals but they face forward, making the flower look smaller in width....

I think Natural Span means no stretching, hence the natural part.

It looks wonderful, worth the wait, I think :clap:

Thanks Rick,
No I grow in a conventional potting medium - mix of bark, charcoal, NZ sphagnum, perlite and few types of stones.

The flower is still growing, but won't change a lot, I think... So, probably, the last photo.

Latest posts

Back