Mac attack!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirius

Plant Nerd
Reaction score
I did it. I am now the proud owner of a Macbook. No more windows for me. I spent a few hours moving everything over, and so far so good. I am not a poweruser by any stretch, but it's coming along. So all you mac nuts out there, give me some tips. Where is the cool free software? What do I absolutely have to have?

I have Photoshop CS3 loaded and it is beautiful! :)

Oh yeah, my wife got one too. We are now wireless everything. Our new wireless printer is awesome! I can even make tea wirelessly. :)

Welcome to the club

I switched to a mac about a yr ago and I love it.
I am not too computer literate, but I find this much easier to manage than my old PC. Plus the mac ads are funny.

I heard you can also run windows on those things too. Keep me updated, I'm thinking about getting one also.

You sure can. And at first I thought I might have to. But now that I have found my way around, I am not going to bother. It is pointless for me, because all the programs I need run on Mac anyway.

It's a rough first 24 hours, but after that, the Mac becomes intuitive.

I haven't had a chance to put this thing through its paces yet. I need to open 45 photos at once in photoshop and see how she does at ludicrous speed. :)

My record was 65 while running Dreamweaver simultaneously, but not in Raw format. I had a pretty decent windows machine, so I hope the Mac can keep up. It feels good to know I am never going to have to experience Vista.

When I started my current job, all my colleagues urged me to switch to Apple. I did and there is no going back, the Mac is superior in every way. Congratulations!

I did it. I am now the proud owner of a Macbook. No more windows for me. I spent a few hours moving everything over, and so far so good. I am not a poweruser by any stretch, but it's coming along. So all you mac nuts out there, give me some tips. Where is the cool free software? What do I absolutely have to have?

if you subscribe to macworld magazine online, you can get a free download for 1password which is an excellent password utility, at least i think they still have a deal so you can get it for free. you can also get tons of great information, reviews and such for software from macworld

mac **shiver**

(big smile) that's how many of us feel if we consider having to use a pc with windows of any type or vista, or have had to deal with dell computers and others self-destructing! one of my co-workers bought a dell last year, and oddly enough they sent an extra monitor in the mail to him. being relatively honest and not wanting to get soaked for paying for two monitors, he called customer assistance to try and return it. it took a very long time before the system would let him talk to a real person so he could explain the situation. finally he had to call a completely different department (sales office instead of customer service) to get a person, who then sent him to one of the service numbers he had already tried in vain (no people). I don't remember how he finally did get the monitor back to them.

years ago (I think '92 or so) I was in college and had to get a term paper typed and printed at a lab before class the next day (yes, i procrastinated even more back then). I went into the usual lab and tried to make sense of the keyboard word-processing commands and such that were on the piece of cardboard attached around the edge of the keyboard. after much stress and hair-pulling, i asked the lab proctor if there were a better way to get this paper typed before the next morning, and he pointed me around the corner to the small mac lab and told me there was a w/p program on it that would likely be more helpful. i found the lab, picked up how to use the program and finished everything in a few hours. after that there was no way I would ever try to use a pc and have owned only macs. by the way I can use windows but would greatly prefer not having to if not pressed...... have no interest trying to deal with vista

Charles - I actually had a similar experience to you but my tide went the other way. I had a paper due and I ran to the computer lab and all the pcs were taken. The only machines free were the macs. It was a nightmare. I didn't know how to find files.

I'm sure they're excellent machines I used them in high school in my computer graphics class and they worked great. I just don't want to go through learning the whole system again. I did get a new laptop where I'm forced to used Vista. I'm still getting used to it but it ain't all that bad.

Heather - I'm still working on it. I missed the last test by 2 points.

John - I think Mrs. Alba's down with the macs. Check out the mac kool aid smile....Well..semi-smile...

suestorm.jpg

Yummy!

Latest posts

Back