Ma Belle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
The same plant I posted in the past.
It flowered for the first time in 2015.
Then, it took a while to grow the second growth and bloomed again in 2017.
The flower looked a lot different than the first bloom.

This is its third time blooming, and I think it is the best by far. :)
Same big green flower but with much less distortion of the petals.
The pouch is held up tightly, not like last year when it was sagging down a bit.

No signs of a new growth. I guess it does not want to clump up.

Satisfied for the moment.

Still in the same pot since I bought it years ago.
I plan on repotting this year. Lazy me! :)

BbYKyJpl.jpg

That is a very nice flower. I think it has the best of both parents. I have a couple of these in bud right now, one with two emerging flower spikes. The leaves are narrower than those of your plant, but one of them does send up multiple growths. I've grown them from small seedlings and this will be the first bloom. It would be great if they turn out to be as nice as your flower. Mike

Wow~ how exciting to have a first bloom seedling with two spikes and multiple growths!!

I do have two more plants of this cross.
One is of blooming size, but has not yet bloomed. Single growth.
The leaves on that plant is slightly narrower.

The other one is a small seedling. I have not taken very good care of the plant in the last one year and hasn't made much progress.
It is basically hanging on to dear life. lol

That is a very nice flower. I think it has the best of both parents. I have a couple of these in bud right now, one with two emerging flower spikes. The leaves are narrower than those of your plant, but one of them does send up multiple growths. I've grown them from small seedlings and this will be the first bloom. It would be great if they turn out to be as nice as your flower. Mike

Latest posts

Back