Lycaste Leilani's Pink Hints

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Now blooming in the kitchen. This is from Lehua and is 'Kurt Servos 'Margo' x Gamora Ablaze 'Goliath' AM/AOS. I am quite pleased with this one and am keeping it.

--Stephen

Very pretty. I have more of a soft spot for these after seeing so many outstanding ones at the Tokyo Dome show. I just wish the plants weren't so big...

Interesting, Tom. When I saw your video, I was very attracted to those Lycastes and wondered why such good ones are hard to find here. But you are right - where would I put them as they are such big plants!

All my Lycastes have been very easy to grow alongside my slippers.

I got 13 plants from Lehua (half box minus 2 paphs) in November, 2015. I then potted them in kkorchid's paph mix (because that's what I had on hand), and stuck them under my 4-bulb T8 setup. The leaves on the taller plants grew into the lights, but they didn't care (the parts that actually touched the bulbs bleached, but it didn't seem to affect them at all). I water them every 4 days. I haven't lost any and all show good root growth through the clear pots.

So far 9 have bloomed. The other 4 have all grown new bulbs larger than the old bulbs, so I am assuming that they're on their way to blooming.

Lehua's a good choice to get cheap Lycastes, but they have a 15 plant minimum order.

Latest posts

Back