Lycaste Alma De mi Alma

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

LovesPaphs
Reaction score
Lycaste Alma De mi Alma
Big beautiful flower, got bumped when one of the fans in the greenhouse slipped. Good that it has another bud. Flower is about as big as my hand. Got it last March at our show.

A beauty! What are your growing conditions? I have one of these large flowered Lycastes but it's struggling a bit. Do you let them go completely dormant (e.g., no water) in the winter months? Thanks.

If I ever got in to a new genus I believe this would be the one. Beautiful flower, please update when the next bud opens!

Thanks, it is a beautiful flower. I have 4 lyc. and have only had them about 6 or 8 months. I am still learning. I have it in a shaded part of my greenhouse, that only get's morning sun. I water a lot like, every other day, and the humidity is high around 60 to 85%. After they loose their leaves, I will bring them in the house, as I understand that I should cut way back water, and the humidity will be lower in the house. We will see. It will be a learning experience.

Latest posts

Back