Lucille Booth Compot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dustywoman

Lucille Booth Compot - Third Prize

Whoo Hooo!!!! My third prize compot of Lucille Booth generously donated by Greenpaph (Peter) arrived in the mail this Tuesday. All I can say is WOW!!!
This is one amazing, beautiful, well-grown, compot. I cannot even begin to count how many healthy plants are growing here.

See for yourself!!!

DSCN9209.jpg

All I can say is Thank You Peter and SlipperTalk Orchid Forum. You rock!!!
Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent Idea!!!!!

I'm game and willing!! Right now, it's impossible for me to count them in the pot.

Can anyone tell me when they will be ready to be transplanted?

And what a good growing medium for them would be??

I am nosey, and I want to know what the gift certificate winners purchased with their prizes! :)

PHRAG said:
I am nosey, and I want to know what the gift certificate winners purchased with their prizes! :)

Nothing yet, thinking of using it towards putting a dent in the price of a Bulbophyllum purpureorachis if I have any money left after the GCOS Show and the Frag Swap this weekend.

Jon
________
Mk9

Last edited:
PHRAG said:

I got a young Paph parishii from Orchidweb!

thanks and super contest.

A frag swap is a coral/salt water aquarium exposition. A local reef society picks a place and gets a lot of vendors to sell there and everyone who attends is encouraged to bring frags of their corals in to sell and trade with others. There are also a TON of prizes to be raffled, and you get your ticket with your admission which is typically in the $5 range. The list of things donated to this local swap for the raffle I'm going to tomorrow is insane! Instead of one top prize, there are about 6 and all very expensive, and then about another 30 prizes that are pretty expensive as well. Typical prizes include a full metal halide system, complete tank setups, filtration devices, gift certificates, and stuff like that.

In case your wondering what a frag is here you go(not to be confused with phrag). Frag is short for fragment, which is basically how you propagate corals in captivity. Getting them to breed is all but impossible, and raising them would be yet another great wall. So like an orchid long ago, instead of raising it from a "seedling", you simply divide it or take a cutting. Just about any coral can be chopped up to make many small pieces that will grow up to be identical with the original colony. These frags are typically preferred over wild stock, as they have lived all their lives in captivity and are more likely to do well in captive conditions. Plus, many have names, like a clonal name, so you know what to expect color and growth wise.

Jon
________
Oilhead

Last edited:
Jon in SW Ohio said:
In case your wondering what a frag is here you go(not to be confused with phrag). Frag is short for fragment, which is basically how you propagate corals in captivity. Getting them to breed is all but impossible, and raising them would be yet another great wall. So like an orchid long ago, instead of raising it from a "seedling", you simply divide it or take a cutting. Just about any coral can be chopped up to make many small pieces that will grow up to be identical with the original colony. These frags are typically preferred over wild stock, as they have lived all their lives in captivity and are more likely to do well in captive conditions. Plus, many have names, like a clonal name, so you know what to expect color and growth wise.

Jon

Sounds a LOT like orchids to me! :D

Marco said:
hey peter great choice ive been looking to get a parishii from OL would you be able to take a picture and post?? :)

Marco,

Here is the parishii from Orchids Limited. Thanks Jason!
It is in a 3.25 inch pot and 11 inches across.

parishiiplant.jpg

I'm not a winner of the contest but i just got home and had the parishii from OL come in.

Having boxes with plants waiting for you to open is the best. :)

It's my very first order from OL and definately satisfied. :) Thanks Jason.

parishii.jpg

Now for the big problem. Where in the world am I gonna put it :confused:

Latest posts

Back