Low Spikes or Buds on A Few Ladies.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Open flowers are pretty, but I enjoy looking at healthy growths or developing spikes and buds just as much or perhaps more.
So much life and energy in those! :)

Mcla_zps3d3fd8c3.jpeg

mclan_zpsno6gcea0.jpeg

These are of the same plant. I don't feel like writing out the long name, so just will say it is a green/copper/spotted bulldog.

hel_zps8y0owv2h.jpeg

Another bulldog, this one white, pink, copper, orange color. I'm glad this one (bought quite beat up and half frozen in the winter) is budding because I want to see the undamaged flower to see if I want to keep it or not. :)

DG_zpsk4sbsvvr.jpeg

Dollgoldi. I have another one also in spike. I'm especially excited about this one. I hope it will be pretty and not deformed.

Fan_zps6refrgvu.jpeg

Fanaticum

NH_zpsrynoyik3.jpeg

Norito Hasegawa

Ha_zps8fhf0ryd.jpeg

HAl_zps4js30i3v.jpeg

Two different plants of Hsinying Alien. One of them took over a year to rebloom, so I'm delighted. I love high variability in this hybrid.

maca_zpsmyd42cwd.jpeg

Magical Contrast. will be a second blooming and I'm looking forward to the open bloom. hopefully the quality will be the same. The first bloom was nearly black with white dorsal striped with green. loved it!

cherry_zpsvc6slged.jpeg

I'm lazy here again. It is a vini maudiae type hybrid. Voodoo something crossed with Hysinying Cherry whatever. The flower was so so but I really like the leaves. It also took almost two years to rebloom. gosh!

The last two will open around early September, two above them about one month later, the bulldogs will open around December.

Two parvis should bloom some time in between the two time frames.

I have no idea as to how long Dollgoldi will take.
Hopefully sooner than later. :)

Well, I actually don't refer to them with either sex, but I just put that title as a shorter way to say Lady Slipper orchids. :)

My female friends really hate these flowers, especially the maudia types.
They say the pouch reminds them of certain things. lol
I never looked at them and had the same idea before. hahaha

Back