lots of stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
spring is in the air. it seems like every plant in the greenhouse is either in flower, just flowered or is about to flower. good stuff. had to bust out the camera today...
Paph. callosum-kindof a bad blooming this time around, but this is still probably my best one.
IMG_0265.jpg

Paph. niveum-again, I think this is one of my best ones
IMG_0285.jpg

Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum x Paph. armeniacum- this is a second bloom on a small seedling. WOW.
IMG_0253.jpg

Paph. Mount Toro-this is the same one I showed a couple weeks ago but fully opened now
IMG_0255.jpg

Paph. argus
IMG_0266.jpg

Happiness
IMG_0284.jpg

Paph. glanduliferum var. gardineri
IMG_0261.jpg

Paph. Paul Parks (adductum var. anitum x sanderianum)- this is a first bloomer. good form and size, color is good too, just not as dark as i had hoped!
IMG_0258.jpg

and a couple non slippers..
Maxillaria sanguinea
IMG_0297.jpg

Rhyncostylis gigantea var. alba
IMG_0281.jpg

and of course
Angraecum sesquipidale.. couple flowers starting to decline but this is a very good grower and reliable bloomer
IMG_0272.jpg

That Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum x Paph. armeniacum sure is a WOW! Your Max. sanguinea is exceptionally nice! I love the white Rhyncostylis.

niveum is my favourite one of the bunch but they are all excellent plants.

Thanks for sharing.

WOW. Some amazing stuff Pete. The petal length on that Paul Parks is incredible. And the Mt Toro is just beautiful. Nice argus as well.

David

Very impressive! :clap: How do you water them? Is there an automated watering system?

:clap::clap:WOW!!! Gorgeous blooms! Too many great ones to pick faves! Great growing!

You're growing the heck out of that Max. What are its conditions?

The floor looks like a sheet of thin plastic; can you tell us about your structure and flooring?

WOW dosen't cover it. Nice growing. Love the Max sanguinea. The paphs are stunning.

WOW!! What a great array of blooms, it must feel good to walk into your g/h. Thanks.... jim.

Your pullin our legs - spring is in the air in Hawaii :D:D Seems to me your climate offers you spring all year round.
But seriously, all your plants whether Paphs or not look great and the Maxillaria seems to be not from this world. Five drools :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Last edited:
the stuff on the ground is just a very thin layer of "weed mat" and the structure overall is very simple. it is a conley's cold frame that i lifted up about 3.5'. the back of the greenhouse has an independent structure for hangers and the irrigation is made of a pretty simple PVC system on the bench tops, on a timer, right now it is going every 4th day with low fertilizer.
as for the maxillaria its just getting to its full potential now, i actually need to repot it. i got it in a 2" pot about 4 years ago? and I give it very bright light and tons of water/fertilizer.
heres another closeup
IMG_0299.jpg

dig the Paul Parks!
(the one i got turned out to be Johanna Burkhardt. not bad but not Paul...)

Wow!! That Mt. Toro is breathtaking! I really like the argus, as well (even with the little wart on the pouch :)) Thanks for posting these gorgeous pictures, you should be a very proud grower!

Latest posts

Back