Lot's of hobbies....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hi all,

I also have a freshwater tank (120 litres) with several Gourami fish !!!!

I very much like to make things myself such as the mirrors below... I use the same technic to make several other things (sheaths for pensils etc)... Has anyone watched the show "ART ATTACK"? Well it gives you many many ideas...

Last but not least, I am a volunteer to the Greek Center of Wild Animal Care (ΕΚΠΑΖ= Ελληνικό Κέντρο Περίθαλψης Αγρίων Ζώων)... see some photos I took from birds that recieved some care... :) (Bubo bubo, Accipiter gentilis and Strix aluco)

That's almost all...

Have fun and be always happy... :)

Attachments

• DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00244.JPG
    DSC00244.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC0028354654654.JPG
    DSC0028354654654.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG060-96565566.JPG
    IMG060-96565566.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 19
Hi all,

Well fish and handmade things are ok, but when it comes to wildlife things are a bit weird!!!
It's a pitty that most of the injured animals (that arrive to the wildlife center) are shot by hunters or even poisoned!!! Many storks come due to electricity accidents (they build their nests on pillars) and so do some large nocturnal birds (e.g Bubo bubo you saw above) ...
The greatest thing is when babies of several bird species arrive to the center... Silly little things that play it bossy and angry, but who's to blame them? hahaha.... Maybe I'll be able to find and post some photos... Some species (adult or not) are really cooperative, as they seem to understand your will to help them... and act like pets....
Sometimes they pay you back with a dropping ( a poo..) on your shoe... HAHAHAHA... :)
I also enjoy bird watching and counting of birds (I don't know how you say it... :( ) I've been several times to wetlands here in Northern Greece for this purpose and I've also partisipated in a counting for storks... Funny and unusual... :)

Have fun you all....,
Thanasis...

Check these out...!!!! This period of the year the center gets lots of offsprings that need care... Fortunatelly, they will be able to get back to nature in a couple or more months (the pictures are scanned from analog photos... I should defenately get a digital photo... :( )

Take care,
Thanasis...

Attachments

• Asio otus.jpg
    Asio otus.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Athene noctua.jpg
    Athene noctua.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Otus scops.jpg
    Otus scops.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 9
So sweet!
That first one looks a wee bit scared tho....

For what it's worth, I work for a native plant conservation society, so I am all for this sort of volunteerism. We have 4000+ volunteers who help us year round with our cause and it amazes me how cooperative they and our regular staff are. I've never worked at such a place. It's very refreshing. Just in case anyone who doesn't know about it yet is interesested....www.newenglandWILD.org is the web site (we're redoing it thank goodness but it isn't up yet.)

Dot - I went for a walk yesterday in the garden and the damselflies were out and were SO beautiful, and SO colorful! It never ceases to amaze me what is out there in our world. Fabulous! anyone working to preserve that has my thanks.

Oh, btw, has anyone seen the new pollinator stamps? They're really nice. No flies on bulbos tho.:(

It is indeed... it is trying to scare us... it has a very firm grasp and sharp talons, though it is young yet, so we are a little scared too of how it will react... Hehe... :) It is still amazing...

This is a new mirror I made for a friend of mine... :D Sorry for the dark photo.... (pic1: middle of the whole prossess, pic2: final form of the morror...)

Attachments

• DSC00461.JPG
    DSC00461.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00462.JPG
    DSC00462.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 14
I just glued the plant material on the frame I created and then sprayed them with hair spray (could be glue in spray form but it is not that useful as hair spray is...) in orded to stress up the colours and stabilise them on the frame...

Take care,
Thanasis...

Back